Are you ready for round two of the January Mini Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop? It will be fabulous!
As you make your rounds through the blog tour you will see projects from some amazing stampers. The projects will feature products from the Stampin’ Up! Handmade from the Heart Occasions and Sale-A-Bration catalogs.
Before I share my projects with you, I want to remind you this is a circular Blog Hop. That means that wherever you begin, if you continue to go to the “next” blog on the list, you will eventually wind up right where you first started. You will find the “next” button (and the “previous” button if you want to go backwards) at the end of this post. The “home” button will give you a listing of all participating blogs.
If you have been moving forward through the hop you would have arrived here after being dazzled by Kath Ricks. She is so talented!
* * * * *
I am featuring the Love Blossoms Suite (Bloomin’ Love stamp set and Bloomin’ Heart Thinlits dies) for my projects. I love the lacy intricate design of the heart from the Bloomin’ Heart Thinlits Dies. This die works well with any kind of paper you use.
I was thinking about the possible uses for this heart die other than the obvious, Valentine’s Day. Here are some of the ideas I came up with for cards.
- Friendship card
- Just because card
- Wedding card
- Hello card
- Happy birthday card
- Love card
- Thinking about you card
- To a little girl card
- Love you or romance card
- Vintage card
Isn’t this a versatile die, I just love it! Can you think of anymore ideas? If you do, would you leave me the idea in the comment section, please!
Let me show you a couple of ideas based on romance/Valentine’s Day.
This first card has an “earthy” feel to it.
I was amazed how quickly this card came together.
My steps to making this card.
- First I inked up the Hardwood background stamp with Tip Top Taupe ink and stamped the image on Tip Top Taupe card stock.
- I then die cut the heart shape out.
- Next I sponged the outside edges and inside edge of the cut out heart shape with Early Espresso ink.
- I adhered the Real Red Cotton Ribbon and Venetian Crochet Trim onto the Tip Top Taupe piece.
- Stamped the two small flowers and one larger flower from the Bloomin’ Love stamp set and die cut them out. Sponged them with Early Espresso and adhered them to the heart shape.
- Die cut the “xoxo” from the Circle Card Thinlits and adhered this to the Tip Top Taupe piece.
- Adhered the heart shape to the Early Espresso piece. To make sure I had this position correctly I laid the Tip Top Taupe piece on the Early Espresso piece and after applying adhesive tot he heart piece I then laid the piece down through the cut out – like doing a puzzle piece.
- Adhered the Early Espresso card stock to the Real Red card base.
- Next I adhered the Tip Top Taupe piece to the Early Espresso piece.
- Finished up the inside.
Traditional Valentine’s Day
This card comes with all the traditional flavors of Valentine’s Day. Glitter paper adds the final touch for romance.
Don’t you just love this Love Blossoms Suite? I am looking forward to using this set more.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you were inspired.
Your next stop will be with the talented Priscilla Ivler. I love her projects, they really inspire me!