Life has been crazy busy around here lately. Last week was spring break so I had a chance to watch a couple of my grand-kids. They have so much energy, I wish I could tap into some of it! But, I did wear them out a bit by taking them for a walk (or should I say “scootering” – if that’s a word!) They zoomed ahead of me with their scooters and them came zooming back until they were ready for a break and some water. Once back in car and on our drive home they re-energized their batteries. By the time we arrived home they ready for some time on the trampoline…did I say they have so much energy!
Masking Technique Card
Today I am sharing a card I created using the Beautiful You and the Mediterranean Moments stamp sets and the masking technique. This card took me less than 15 minutes to make and was inspired by my dear friend, Jackie.
- Beautiful You stamp set
- Mediterranean Moments
- 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ Basic Black card stock – card base
- 5 1/4″ x 4″ Real Red card stock
- 5″ x 3 3/4″ Whisper White card stock
- Scrap piece of Real Red and a DSP paper of your choice
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
- Crumb Cake Marker
- Blushing Bride Marker
- Post-it note
To make this card:
- Stamp the girl with the umbrella from the Beautiful You set on the post it note and cut her out.
- Stamp the girl with the umbrella from the Beautiful You set on to the Whisper White card stock about an inch from the bottom and centered.
- Lay the mask over the girl and stamp the largest scene from the Mediterranean Moments set onto the Whisper White card stock while centering it on the paper.
- Color the girl’s hair with a Crumb Cake marker and her legs and neck with Blushing Bride marker.
- Stamp the umbrella the girl is holding onto the DSP scrap and cut it out. Give this some time to dry before cutting it out since it takes a little more time for the ink to absorb into the paper.
- Stamp the girl onto the Real Red card stock scrap – you don’t need the umbrella on this piece. Then cut out her dress.
- Adhere the girl’s dress and the umbrella onto the Whisper White card stock.
- Fold the card base in half and adhere the Real Red and Whisper White layers to it.
I really enjoyed this technique with these sets. To me this girl should be strolling through the market place, headed to the boutique of her choice to shop! (I do love to shop!)
If you haven’t purchased either of these sets you have until May 31, 2017 before the January/May Occasions Catalog ends. If you want to purchase them today from me, select the appropriate icon below and it will take you to my online store.
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you take time to stamp today!