When I was 20 years younger my husband and I would go riding on his dirt bike and it was one wild ride! He put pegs on the back of his bike so I had a place to put me feet, since dirt bikes are a “one man” bike. I’d hang on for my life (lol) as we went zipping along. He is now thinking about getting a street bike, like the one in the One Wild Ride Set.
Besides having a wonderful motorcycle image the One Wild Ride set is full of great greetings. It is a perfect set to make cards for the guy in your life.
To make you will need the following pieces of card stock:
- 1 piece of 4 1/4″ x 3 1/2″ watercolor paper
- 2 pieces of Real Red card stock cut at 4 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ and 1 1/2″ x 5 1/4″
- 3 pieces of Basic Black card stock cut at 4 3/8″ x 3 5/8″; 1 3/8″ x 5 1/8″; and 1 7/8″ x 5 1/4″
- 1 piece of 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ Basic Grey card stock
- 3 pieces of Very Vanilla card stock cut at 4′ x 5 1/4″; 1 1/4″ x 5″; and 3 1/4″ x 1″
- 3 1/4 x 1 3/4″ copy paper
To make this card:
- Using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, stamp the motorcycle on the copy paper then cut it out. You will use this piece as a mask.
- Using Stazon Jet Black ink, stamp the motorcycle on the watercolor paper
- Place the motorcycle mask over the cycle stamped on the watercolor paper. Ink the mountains from the In the Meadow set in Smoky Slate ink, spritz it with water a couple of times and then stamp it behind the motorcycle image. Remove mask.
- Using an Aqua Painter watercolor a shadow under the motorcycle using Smoky Slate ink and then let the paper dry.
- Stamp the “Born to Ride” greeting on the 3 1/4″ x 1″ piece of Very Vanilla piece and die cut it out with the Bunch of Banners Framelits or fussy cut it out.
- Stamp the Route 66, tire tracks and “birthday wishes to the leader of the pack!” on the 1 1/4″ x 5″ piece of Very Vanilla card stock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Fold the Basic Gray card stock at 2 1/8″ and 4 1/4″
- Adhere the 1 7/8″ x 5 1/4″ Basic Black piece of card stock to the bottom portion of the front panel.
- Adhere the watercolor paper to the Basic Black 4 3/8″ x 3 5/8″ card stock.
- Adhere the Black card stock to the 4 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ Real Red card stock.
- Apply adhesive to the back lower portion only of the 4 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ Real Red card stock then adhere the layered piece to the card front centering it on the card front.
- Adhere the “Born to Ride” piece to the lower portion of the layered piece.
- Adhere the 1 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ Real Red piece to the lower edge of the 4″ x 5 1/4″ Very Vanilla piece.
- Adhere the 1 3/8″ x 5 1/8″ Basic Black card stock to the Real Red piece you just adhered to the Very Vanilla
- Adhere the stamped 1 1/4″ x 5″ Very Vanilla piece to the Basic Black card stock you just adhered.
- Adhere the Very Vanilla layered piece to the inside of the card.
- Fold the card into the easel fold.
If you need any of the supplies to make this fun fold card, just click on the image below and it will take you to my online shop. Don’t forget to use the host code AEWMYCMX for August. And, see the My Tanglewood Cottage Rewards page to keep track of your purchases.
I hope you were inspired today. Thanks for stopping by!